Re: Great video on Ableton Live live looping by Kid Beyond

I'm using it differently though, by looping both in Live and in the
Augustus Looper plug-in, that is opened in one Live channel. I'm
setting Live to slave to MIDI clock and when I start looping in the
plug-in it sends out the correct tempo (just like an EDP) and Live
starts to follow the tempo of my first recorded loop. This scenario  was
a bit flaky before, but now it seems to work fine with the latest
versions of Live and Augustus.<<<<

So Live has no unquantised option??? That seems insane. And depressing
that their perception of music is that it has to be rhythmic. Surely a
piece of software with the enourmous potential that Live has should be
facilitating music making of all kinds, not just rhythmic stuff with
click tracks and pre-recorded drums? How hard would it be to introduce
an unquantised start/stop record function where the length of the first
loop could be quantised to or not?

Or maybe it's there and we haven't found it yet!

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.