Re: Inexpensive/Easy Way to Stream Live Performances

daniel stevenson <stillllscary@yahoo.com> wrote:
hi,yea the voice chat is a fuzzy medium for perfomances,yet ive heard a widecontrast in sonic quality and some players sound almost clean while others like gravel,i always run direct=12string/volume pedal/dl4/pc line in level.never the mic input.keep pickups away from the monitor.I cant get a mic to sound acceptable.i run the audio wizard before every session.if anyone wants to jam im stillllscary on the yahoo thinggy.lets jam...   scary visionary.

Todd Pafford <calenlas@gmail.com> wrote:
Rainer,

Good point on the bandwidth thing. I hadn't even thought of that.
Sounds like the best thing to do would be to set up a relay so the
laptop is effectively only serving one client over WiFi.

I sent Kris a long email off list describing additional headaches that
can be expected if he's got to deal with firewalls and such. Using a
relay, though, may simplify issues a little.

Todd

--
~~calenlas~~