Re: [OT] preamp for MD and fieldrecordings

The reactive sounds delta mic runs off the plug in power supplied by
minidisc recorders and is only $59.95.  With the $35 "mic pod" stand
it's a pretty slick package
http://www.reactivesounds.com/
I haven't used that particular mic, but I have constructed my own
using the same panasonic mic elements and found the result to perform
much better than the Sony ECM-MS907 I used to own. If you are
interested in making your own mic, I have a page up at:
http://art.simon.tripod.com/stealth.html
I put up some mp3s of recordings with the homemade mic with panasonic
elements and the Sony ECM-MS907 for comparision.

--
Art Simon
simart@null.net