From: Wind Stick Devil
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: 8/15/2005 6:45:44 PM
Subject: Re: Re: bose pa speaker thingie

<< i was thinking back to my very first record player around
1954, a little plastic thing >>

Yeah, but what about those little transistor radios that folks used to press against their ears? I can remember listening to "You" by the Initials and being in hog heaven. Not to mention the Tokens' "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" and Joey D & the Starlighters' Peppermint Twist.

nemoguitt@verizon.net wrote:

<>

mark.....i'm so use to the ultra flat sound of my srm's that listening to
other speakers i often hear a lot of "color".....i should have played thru
these rather than listen to a cd, they had a system set up in another part of
the store for this but i was a bit rushed, maybe next time.....my suggestion
is to give them a listen.....it's almost the same as the i-pod=low fidelity
discussion, i'm at a point in my life where i become less concerned about hi-
fidelity (by the time the sound makes it thru the whine and buzz going on in
my ears i'm just happy to not have to say "what did you say?").....i know my
i-pod does not sound as good as a cd nor record but like you i'm in the garden
listning to bo diddly, the beatles, ric walker, ted killian and astrud
gilberto.....WTF!.....i never had a walkman or anything of this ilk and i am
blown away by this tech.....per, are you saying that there could be a better
way to input music into an i-pod or are you talking about a whole other
system?.....i was thinking back to my very first record player around 1954, a
little plastic thing, my have times changed, i am more amazed every
day.....mic

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepmeci