Stephen

"IŽm striving for the mysterious. The obvious doesnŽt interest me." (Jon
Hassell)

Visit the official [Žramp] website at www.doombient.com

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Ritchford <tom.ritchford@gmail.com>
To: <loopers-delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 11:43 PM
Subject: OT: powered near-field monitors?

I'm looking for a set of powered near-field monitors to replace my old
Alesis Monitor Ones (I have an old Crown amp but I'd like to get rid
of that, too).

Concerns:
-- reasonable sound
-- price
-- size.

Since my studio is neither sound-proof nor acoustically particularly
fine, I'd be willing to compromise somewhat on perfect sound for
either price or size.  But I can certainly spend several hundred
dollars on a pair.

Ideas?

--
     /t