flexible looper in small package

Reading through all the posts regarding stompbox loopers, I seem to have
made a horrible discovery:

There is no looper in a small package that offers both halfspeed and
reverse. The smallest thing I can think about is the DL4, but that's
already a little too big for my taste. The Boss twin pedals are a little
bit smaller, but they don't offer halfspeed. The Jamman is even smaller,
but is offers neither halfspeed nor reverse...the same is true for the
Headrush (both generations), but at least it has a decent size.

I sometimes wonder: what are these product managers thinking? I don't
want to come to a gig with six hours worth of prerecorded loops which I
will then play back exactly as recorded in the studio. If I wanted to do
that, I'd bring a PDA. I'd like to do strange things. These things are
sold as effects - look up the meaning of this word in the dictionary if
you're unsure what they're supposed to do.

(sorry for the rant...going back to normal).

So it seems in my quest for a relatively small-sized pedal board, I'm
either forced to use a DL4 (meaning big size), or to live without
reverse and/or halfspeed. I guess I'll just go with the DL4 then...lots
of LDers and several other cool people (latest spotting: The Mars Volta)
can't err...

          Rainer