Y2K5 International Live Looping Festival

The Y2K5 International Live Looping Festival will be held in
Santa Cruz on October 8th and 9th (Saturday and Sunday).
We'll be celebrating five years of producing live looping festivals this
year!!!!

The person who I secured a venue from has stopped working for the
organization where we had it planned so I am scrambling now to find an
alternate location (or renegotiate playing at the original venue).

Also, being in Zurich for the big festival has put me behind in the
production of this festival.
That added to the fact that several featured performers are still unsure
if
they can come or not
means that I cannot officially reveal any of the details of the festival
(they aren't decided yet).

There is also a strong possibility that we may have one or even two dates
for the festival in San Francisco.  Again, this is being negotiated as we
speak.

A large number of people have already contacted me about playing the
festival so there may still be
spots open in the performance.

I will give first consideration to people 1) from out of California
and 2) who have not played the festival before

so if you are interested in playing and I don't already know your music

Send me a CD as soon as possible, for consideration to

Y2K5 SUBMISSION
412 Darwin Street
Santa Cruz, California
95062-2629

I will accept people on a first come, first served basis.

Please make it representative of what you do in a live looping slot.

Do to the large volume of applicants so far, I will not consider anyone
but
musicians who
use live looping as a primary tool in their performances.

This means that performances that rely on pre recorded loops primarily
will
not be accepted.
It is okay if people augment their primarily live looping set with drum
machines or sequences but the spirit of this festival is LIVE LOOPING.

There really, unfortunately,  isn't room for groups at this festival
(unless
they can meet the
20 minute silent setup, 30 minute set and 10 minute maximum offstage time
criteria).

I look forward to hearing from you.  Wish me luck in finding a suitable
venue!

yours,
Rick Walker
Y2K5 International Live Looping Festival