Re: EDP Footpedal vs. FCB1010 ? ?

> On Sep 14, 2005, at 8:23, Michael Peters wrote:

> I wonder (not knowing anything about Midi controllers) if it
> wouldn't be
> possible to keep the EDP footpedal (to trigger the basic rec/ovl/
> mul/ins
> functions), and somehow use a second unit (something that I imagine
> to be
> very small, like some tiny keys glued to the guitar) to change
> between sets
> of reprogrammed basic functions - one set would use the regular
> insert,
> another one ins=sus unrounded, another one backwards, etc. ...

Yes, I had such a set-up two years ago; combining the EFC-7 with a
FCB1010. I mostly used the FCB1010 to change programs in the EDP
(each program set up with different Insert functions, different 8ths/
cycle etc etc) but i was using the EFC-7 to play the EDP. Main
FCB1010 assignment was to control a Repeater and a filter bank. When
a friend bought an EDP that came without the foot pedal I sold my
EFC-7 to him and since then I have been on the FCB1010 only (with
some additional gadgets).

I now have this ultra tiny midi mixer called Faderfox LV1 and I just
love it! I really want to find something equally small that only
sends MIDI program send messages. I don't think I could do without
the FCB1010, but I want something to call up programs so I won't need
to step between so many FCB banks all the time.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)