The Big(ish) Idea

Hi All

Ok, so I have been hinting at building a pedal for a while now, for
reasons
that I won't go into, my Ego kind of wanted to keep the design some sort
of
secret,however this has led to nowhere for me so it is time to REVEAL
ALL!!!

Basically I want to make a foot operated device that allows a signal to
pass
only when  the button is pressed. Kind of a Poor-Mans-Morse-Glitch Pedal.

I envisaged building it as follows.

two buttons button one simply being on / off
In off position the signal is bypassed directly to the output jack
in the On position it passes to the next momentary button.

Button Two is the activation button,

it is a push to make type switch so initially the signal is dead, however,
when the button is pressed the sound is allowed to pass to the output.

I can therefore strum a chord while it is off then tap the button
rythmically to let small  stabs of sound through.

I came up with this when playing through a broken amp that you had to hold
the jack in place in the input, i found that tapping the jack let me do
dda-da-da type noises.

anyways basically I know NOTHING about how to do this, I did what seemed
reasonable to me but all I got was nasty hiss and buzzing. I would
appreciate ANY help or comments on how I may impliment this pedal.

I had once dreamed about making money off this idea, however, it will
never
be built if I cant get some advice!

By the way I intend to LOOP with it so its not totally OT!!

Thanks Y'all

Phill Wilson (a.k.a. Blackface)

Free Downloads at

www.download.com/therealblackface