Re: AW: The Big(ish) Idea

for reasons exactly like u described. new ideas could be implemented easily. imagine the involvement of going switch 1 latching if it were all manual hard wired switches. let the chip do the work for u. and they're literally CENTS in the way of cost.
i like ur idea though. it could simply be a latching polarity switch. problem is that u still have to hit that switch, effectively silencing ur gtr, BEFORE u start stuttering. something to be avoided.
it should be:
• im playing--- my gtr signal is going from input to output nicely.
• i depress switch 2-"STUTTER" (momentary) ---no change. i still hear my guitar
• i release----silence
• i press---sound
• i release---no sound
• i hit the switch 1"BYPASS" (latching)----playing goes back to normal

since im accustomed to depressing a footswitch to hear sound anyway, its much more natural to hit switch one instead of 2 get back sound normally.
the other way is awkward. i hit switch 1 to silence THEN start stuttering with switch 2.

if however u have a 3rd switch "POLARITY"(latching), then is u have it the other way around, then u could leave the unit on and simply start "negative" stuttering by playing with switch 2.
thats interesting.

one small design issue---hitting the polarity switch should toggle the bypass switch automatically thereby forcing the signal to go through the stutter switch. bypass mode ignores the stutter switch.

1 more logic chip could do all that.

___
Adrian Bartholomew
Leawood KS