Re: Noisy/hissy EDP (revisited)

Hi Joe,

I too had a similar problem with my double stack of cream colored
Echoplexi. One unit, in this case, the 2nd one I bought exhibited a
nasty rumble/hiss at the end of the loop. The original unit behaved
as it always had, no problems. Mine are configured as a Stereo set
as described in the manual using the brother sync jack and midi.
Annoying, and I could never figure it out. Both properly installed,
all units in the rack isolated from each other with plastic tabs...
I either incorporated the noise into the song or just left the
second unit off and repatched the feed.

What ended up fixing the problem for me was an upgrade to LoopIV
rom chips. I really don't see how upgrading the firmware got rid of
the rumble/hiss on the one unit. Perhaps Kim would have some
insight. Maybe it perhaps had more to do with pulling the EDPs from
the rack and having to reinstall them again.

I hate leaving it at that, because this is not voodoo, just the
application of appropriate, known technology. I just don't have the
test equipment (or the time) to investigate it... especially since
now both units are behaving themselves.

You might want to upgrade to LoopIV anyway, it's sweet having all
the new features.