Re: why do we play live?

Great posts on this "why play live" thread. I think there's another reason that hasn't been touched upon. It has to do with an inherent desire in humans to pass along and share information. It's like when you see a beautiful flower, sunset, waterfall, whatever and one of your first impulses is to rush home and share the experience with others or grab your camera so you can go back and "capture the moment". It's like humans are programmed to share/ pass on info especially those "AH HA!!!" moments. For me, being more interested in the creative process than the result - I'd much rather watch a painter paint than see the final product, I always feel best after a gig when the audience is drawn along for the ride as opposed to an audience that's just enthralled with the technique from an analytical perspective. - Paul