VSTs in Ten Years. Was:Re: Building a rackmount looping computeras an alternative to the Receptor for Mobius

And Jeff wrote back:

>See my previous email.  Let's make a bet.  If we're both alive in ten
>years and the VSTs I have right now will not run on whatever Dell
>happens to be selling that day, I will buy you a vintage Repeater :-)
>
>Jeff

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ten years?!

2015.

One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, YEARS??!!

Yowza,  I'll like in on that bet.  There is no way that "the VSTs you
have right now" will work on an average 'new machine' in ten years.
Speaking as an old-fart programmer since the Apple ][ days, and
broadcast engineer today.

Now, how old will I be?!  Yikes.

Jeff said, "I will buy you a vintage Repeater :-)  ".  It would have
to be a vintage one, as the Repeater MK II isn't shipping 'till at
least Spring 2016.

All in good fun,

Ken