Re: OT: Digitech Jamman for sale - a hair from new

I'm sorry to hear of your disillusionment.  I recently purchased a JamMan as an "entry level" device into the world of looping.  Although I'm far from being an entry level guitarist/bassist (30+ years).  These devices, and looping in general first piqued my interest when I saw the RC20 and a DL-4 being used.   And I finally came upon the LD site and the mailing list.

I joined the list to get information, advice, tips, etc., on looping.  But it seems that units such as the RC20XL, JamMan and such, are considered "toys" by the majority of users on this site.  It seems like, if you don't own an Echoplex or Repeater - you're not really looping and you're just not welcome here.   I understand the origins of Loopers Delight, so I see where the "brand loyalty" rules.

I wouldn't knock down anyone because my Taylor or Martin guitar sounded better than their Takamine or Ibanez...  They're just tools of the trade, and it's up me to make it sound as good as I possibly can - whether it's $300 or $3000.  Personally, I'm having a lot of FUN learning and playing on the Digitech JamMan with simple looping techniques.  So it works for me... for now.

I really like the musical creations a lot of you are doing on your loopers.  Very inspiring. Eventually, I would like to attain that "skill level" of looping.  And maybe to get to that point, I will need to get an Echoplex or....    But for now, I'm content with my new "toy".

Mike

Janosik <wklemmer1@yahoo.com> wrote:
Well, I'm too disillusioned to use my Digitech Jamman anymore after the prior posts. so, if anyone wants to buy one, make me a reasonable offer - otherwise it's going on eBay.

ABSOLUTE mint condition. Includes box, all docs, power supply, Smartcard. Only used it a couple of times. Shipping TBD.