Re: Defining "pro"

On Oct 18, 2005, at 6:02 PM, hazard factor wrote:
> Looking at a pic of his recent rack on his website, it seems he got
> rid of
> them. One of his complaints about them were the fidelity, I think.
> When you

well a couple months ago he had a pair of them again for rhythmic
looping against the delay programmes in the H8000, but now

http://www.disciplineglobalmobile.com/diary/photos/SVII.jpg

he seems to have decided one H8000 isn't enough.

it's possible john sinks didn't like routing sound with the H8000, the
switchblade had been removed earlier as well.

oh ... pardon me ... this is "Solar Voyager II", not to be confused
with "Solar Voyager" or the "Lunar Module". "Solar Voyager" probably
still has the pair of blackface EDPs in it.

i think that Robert Fripp naming his looping racks is coolosity on the
same order as Toto naming their numerous large Polyfusion systems after
mythical gods like Damius and Orpheus .. and were intended for
different applications.

so when they needed the system designed for a certain application (for
example Damius was set up for complex FM), then Steve Porcaro could say
"hey steve put that shit down ... fun can wait till later dude. we need
some FM _NOW_. go get Damius." then steve could go grab the right
modular for the task and be back in time to take turns partying down
with steve on the lid of his CS-80.
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com