Re: EDP FCB

> Now there are several free editors available, and they make programming
>it
> incredibly easy. Look on the FCB Yahoo Group list for them.

I don't know if there are several, but I know of at least one that works
well.   I started a yahoo group to develop this a few years back called
"fcb1010_sysex"  If you find this group on groups.yahoo.com and subscribe,
there is an installer for windows in the files area.   Most development on
the software has stopped, but there are lots of developers still on the
list
if anyone wants to add features, ect.    It is a primarily technical group
and I understand you can also get the same programmer if you join:
Probably the best bet if you don't care about the technical details and
just
want the program.

>Also, someone is
> actually rewriting the firmware adding new functions as well.

Actually I believe the push is to fix a few bugs - in particular there is
pretty nasty midi merge bug which can lose the note-off portion and leave
notes on.   This has already been fixed may or may not be available to
someone willing to open their FCB erase and reburn the EPROMS in there.
Of
course its undocumented nor supported but apparently it works.  I haven't
tried it but I keep meaning to because that's one seriously annoying bug.
Anyway, if you're interested, subscribe to the yahoo group
"fcb1010_reverse".

If there are any good embedded programmers in the bunch get over to the
fcb1010_reverse group now and lets stir up some customized madness on the
FCB...
Jon