Re: new tunes

Hey Paul,  I loved "the Gorge"

I also love the quote from Copland in 'Simple Gifts'.

The Mountain Dulcimer is such a beautiful instrument..............it is so
exotic and ethereal sounding.

And Ted is correct.................you are cordially invited to come to a
30
minute set at Y2K6 next October in Santa Cruz.
This year we had 50 artists from 7 countries and in all the years I've
played we have never had a looping dulcimer player.

I also play a little dulcimer and some hammered dulcimer as well.   Neal
Hellman is a good friend of mine and lent me a beautiful
mountain dulcimer to practise on.  If you don't know his work, he is a
wonderful and influential dulcimer performer.

I particularly love the way that you can retune the bass string on the
mountain dulcimer and play in different modes than
are normally played in traditional Americana.    I love playing in both
Phrygian (middleeastern sounding) and Lydian (balkan sounding)
using this technique.

  The only time I"ve ever played dulcimer on stage was when I was awarded
the Calabash Award for Service to the Ethnic Arts in Santa Cruz County.
Two
really good dulcimer players I know were in the audience so I was really
nervous.

It was also,  sadly, the very last time my mother saw me play so I have a
lot of sentimental attachment to the piece.
I must get this piece transferred from the video into audio.  If I manage
do it, I'll send it to you.

Nice work,   thanks for posting,  yours,   Rick