Re: EDP Settings for Using Subsitute and Quantize by 8th Notes

At 05:58 PM 10/28/2005, .David.Auker. wrote:
>8th notes in EDP...is there a default for tempo, so 7+ seconds gives the
>equivelent of a couple measures in 4/4 or 3/4 or _/4?  What's the math?

the 8ths/cycle parameter lets you set the time signature that the EDP will
follow. A "cycle" is the basic loop time element set when you first record
your loop. So this parameter tells the Echoplex how many 8th notes that
one
cycle length contains.  There are plenty of options for 8th/cycle to cover
just about any time signature. We put the more obvious ones first for
editing convenience. So when you edit this parameter you have 8, 4, 2, 6,
12, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, and then 1 through 54.

When you use quantize=8th, the quantizing will be to wherever these 8th
boundaries are in the cycle.

Also for sync, this parameter tells the Echoplex how to determine the loop
length based on incoming MIDI clock tempo when Sync=in, or what tempo
clock
to send out based on the loop length when sync=out.

kim