Re: Digitech Jam Man

Well, I've read through everything I could find in the archives
(searching both "Jamman" and "Jam Man"), but nothing to indicate that
anyone has looked at what I am trying to research on this box.

The discussion about the perceived market for this device are
revealing: the traditional loopers tools are, by comparison, pricey, a
little antiquated, and have limited storage capacity, due to the
existing technology (now, don't jump on me...I own a Lexicon Vortex
and have two more coming). One area where this box seems to be able to
do a good job is allowing a performer to load up looops in advance,
take them in to a performance and play "against" them.

And therein lie my questions: has anyone tried hacking the XML files
that the box generates with each WAV file that together comprise your
loop? The XML files contain parameters such as rhythm and time...and
since these can be edited with a text editor such as BBEdit, I'm
trying to understand if I can perform a kind of "post-loooping" hack
on them. I have, in the first 24 hours with this box, already done
this with the WAV file, taking a simple guitar riff, running it
through a bit of software to reverse it, saved it back as a
now-reversed loop and had it run just fine on the box. (Actually did
it in the first 15 minutes with it out of the box!)

And as I sit here, listening to Steve Roach's "Structures from
Silence", I'm sure I'm asking for trouble from this sage group!

Dennis Moser

The next goal is to see if I can now control other parameters stored
inthe XML files...