Re: RC-50

On 11/6/05, Violindave@aol.com <Violindave@aol.com> wrote:
> If the manual is anything like this I won't be understanding it anytime
> soon:

Well it seems unlikely that Boss will use babelfish to prepare the
manual. OTOH though...

The bit you quote actually describes three features that are are
shared with the RC-20XL, so are in its manual (which I no longer have,
having sold mine).

>  RC-50 has loaded the convenient function which it can correspond to
>various
> application methods. When recording from CD and the like, not be
>conspicuous
> in center and point the sound which normal position is done, the function
> which, to practice such as in order the center cancellation function
>which
> can draw up the phrase of the karaoke and negative one simply

That describes the 'centre cancel' mode, which tries to remove the
centre signal (instrumental soloist or vocalist) from a stereo signal
sampled using the stereo aux input (the little one with the 1/8"
stereo socket).

> and the sound
> which is recorded from the external equipment and the microphone to be
>able
> to play back with the guitar & the amplifier the flat amplifier
>simulating
> function which does sound quality revision is useful is equipped.

This is talking about the 'flat amp' sim that it also shares with the
RC-20XL.

If you've recorded backing tracks into it (from a CD or whatever) but
are using a guitar amp for performance, you need to provide EQ to
those backing tracks so they sound acceptable through the guitar amp
(which tends to be short on top and bottom).

On the RC20XL both of these are controlled by the mode switch on the
bottom right, here's a big picture:

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM04/Content/Boss/PR/RC-20XL-top-lg.jpg

>  In addition, when redoing the sound recording and, failing the over
>dubbing
> time and the like, it equips also redoing which cancels undo and the undo
> which can cancel the sound recording immediately before/over dubbing.
> Because redoing is possible simply, it can record with ease and/or repeat
> the phrase.

And that's describing the 'undo' function (also shared with the
RC-20XL), which lets you remove the last overdub with a long press (of
the LH pedal, on the RC-20XL). You can also undo the undo with a
subsequent long press.