Re: DRIVE the LOOP or be DRIVEN?

thanks for the interest. im adrian by the way:-)

im on the lookout for a hardware version for live purposes just like u r. i was guided to a product called 34One that does tap tempo (with ur foot) while outputting the tapped tempo in midiclock.
it also accepts continuous tapping while updating the changing midiclock tempo.
so i was thinking that i could just electronically replace the switch that ur foot taps with a pulse trigger  from a drum kit, say. i wrote to them in germany and they told me that they actually have a sapce on the pc board to insert that. GREAT!
BUT
they also said that it HAD to be ON the 1/4 note.
what drummer only plays 1/4 notes!!! arrrrgggghhhhh.

so what i may need to build (i AM quite handy with electronics), is an interface with the LOGIC logic built in and then feed the unit the quarter note output of the translated tempo from the drummer.
i wish, really wish they would do this. cause its VERY simple to do if u know anything about electronics and THEY DO.
bummer. why do manufacturers always fall short. its like they dont connect with real musicians.

but hey, maybe ill get rich.
___
Adrian Bartholomew
8439 Lee Blvd