WIERD DRUM MACHINE FESTIVAL? was New Toys!

Tony K posted these and I really enjoyed them a lot.

1. RazorWire Necklace.   A D50 and a Korg M3R run through, um, everything.
If anybody needs to know what 'everything' is, I can post it.
URL- http://www.thinginajar.com/bigtony/RazorWire Necklace.mp3
(you may have to cut and paste that link, since it's got a space in it)

2. Pulse.  An Alesis SR16 drum machine through everything again.  The only
sound generator is the SR16.  Everything else is manipulation of the toys.

Conversations with Tony and the latter piece led me to start a
WEIRD_DRUM_MACHINE tribe at
tribe.net with an attendent yahoo group
(Weird_Drum_Machine@yahoogroups.com
for people to post files to)
dedicated to those people who find processing drum machines to create
brand
new and unusual
musical pieces a very fun thing.

I'm also considering producing a WEIRD DRUM MACHINE FESTIVAL at some point
next year if I can find
a suitable venue for it.    Let me know if anyone is interested in
performing a 15-30 minute set using only drum machine(s)
and processing gear.................no other instruments at all.

I have loved using drum machines as the sole sound source for a
composition
and have
been inspired by Matt Davignon's brilliant new CD,  BWOO and also by
Lx Rudis' live looping work at Y2K4.

Come join us and post a weird drum machine sound file.

Yours,  Rick Walker