Re: Sooperlooper question.

Yes, a planned feature is to support a notion of active loop and allow
midi bindings to switch the active loop, and allow normal
command/control bindings to operate on the active loop (instead of a
specific loop #).

Per's setup technique has 3 loop instances within a single SL plugin
(multichannel).  There is still only one MIDI path into the plugin so
you'll need to make unique MIDI bindings (using the SL gui) for each
loop.

Feel free to join the SL mailing list to discuss this further:

jlc