Re: ableton live and an edp

On Dec 7, 2005, at 23:41, enat21213@aol.com wrote:

> i'm having trouble with sync between my edp and live.....the edp
> starts live up fine but it seems to take a second to stabilize the
> tempo and the tap read out in live varies by a bpm(from say 186 to
> 185) . think this might be what causing some sonic artifacts also
> in the material in trying to trigger. i am working with loop3 will
> loop 4 cure this?

If you are running Live in sync mode (i.e. as the syncing slave), as
I guess you do from your description, it's normal with a "start-up"
period of a second and eventually also a flickering graphic tempo
display. But that's just the display and probably not the cause of
whatever audio artifacts may happen on the computer.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)
www.boysen.se (Swedish)