It's a good compilation! (was: [NEW RELEASE] Looper's Delight Compilation Volume 3

On 5 dec 2005, at 16.54, Sunao Inami wrote:

> I added 45sec mp3 preview each songs for  LD Compilation Volume 3.
> please visit below:
> http://www.cavestudio.com/electr-ohm/en/LDCD3

A Big Hand to Sunao for doing this! And what a great record this is!
I've just been enjoying the "Play All Songs" stream at CD Baby and I
must say that this is typically the kind of CD I have had such hard
times to find for my listening interest. It's amazing that all this
content do fit together so perfectly without any curator in charge of
selecting the pieces. I mean, every contributor was free to submit
whatever he or she wanted. This is a disc I would buy in loads and
give to friends even if I didn't know a shit about looping or whoever
does play on the tracks. It's a good compilation!

In a way it could make sense to use this disc for local media
promotion instead of your own discs, because this one brings out The
Vibe Of The Scene so well. Even the stupidest journalist should get
what it's all about. For a media writer that happen to not having
done his homework it's also a great introduction to Live Looping, so
he/she is given a perfect easy way to cover up eventual lack of
knowledge and start writing about it "as one who knows". That's the
perfect catch for winding up journalists when doing press
releases!  ;-)  Especially with a link to Sunao's page (above) that
offer short info texts on every contributor and further links. Great
job, Sunao! Thanks.

Another idea:
It would be cool with a Live Looping record company that only puts
out this type of compilations. Many looping artists tend to be boring
when they (we) put out complete albums the traditional way, at least
for the average listener (admit we are nerds on this list ;-). In a
compilation every artist tends to shine because everyones uniqueness
- distilled in the live looping process - stands out when lined up
side to side.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)