Von: Jeff Larson [mailto:Jeffrey.Larson@Sun.COM]
Gesendet: Montag, 12. Dezember 2005 22:21
An: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Betreff: Re: Real-time category

Ian Petersen wrote:
> Actually, closer to 500 ms! Yes, consciousness is a full half second
> behind any external (or internal) stimulous. That doesn't mean we
can't
> react much faster than 500 ms. Obviously, we can. But not consciously.

I can believe there is some "consciousness latency" but not 500ms. 500ms
is a quarter note at 120 BPM.  Give someone a button to press as soon as
they hear the sound of a snare drum being played through headphones.
I'll bet everyone on this list can do it in under 500ms. What is "not
conscious" about that reaction?

Jeff