Vortex, digital connections, Trower flange Re: digital input for the Vortex Re:

"Also be aware that you're missing out on the undelayed analog dry signal
by using the digi conectors."

Hmmm... Andy, I know that you are THE MAN when it comes to all things
Vortex, and I am very grateful for your insights, but I am not sure I
understand that bit about dry signal: neither the VF-1 or MPX-500 manuals
have any warning that using the digital connectors will rob me of dry
signal, and my VF-1/MPX-500/Vortex setup sounds good whether it's hooked up
analog or digital. With the digital hookup, I don't hear anything missing.

It's VERY possible that I misunderstood you and am totally missing the
point ;-)

The main benefit I get from going digital from the VF-1 to the MPX-500 is
that I no longer have to do the nerve-wracking push-pull-wiggle excercise
to get the mono plugs into the TRS input jacks. (I still have to use the
analog outputs regardless.)

Another big benefit I get from a digital VF-1/MPX connection is that I no
longer have to put up with staticy arcing sounds and a flickering display
window like I did when I had to "schmelvin" the mono plugs into the TRS
inputs.

All Confused,
Tim
P.S.--Can the Vortex be persuaded to generate an MXR-style classic-rock
non-swoosh flange a la Killing Joke's "A Love Like Blood" or Trower's "Day
of the Eagle"? Or Frank Marino circa 1977? I cannot get anything close to
this sound on my VF-1 or my MPX-500, lovely as they are.