Re: Line6 Echo Pro & MIDI lag

Thanks for the great replies everyone.  In this case Bob wins the
prize.  I failed to mention that between my FCB and the EchoPro lay a
bohemoth by the name of Digitech 2120.  The lag was apparently in the
output of the 2120 as reversing the order of the two devices
(FCB->EP->2120) now delivers instantaneous response from the EP.  In
fact I would have written this message sooner, but I was too busy
grooving over a loop in 5/4.  Delicious.

This has revealed, however a bit of lag in the EP's MIDI THRU to the
2120.  I think this will be tolerable, though since all I'm doing is
changing patches & flipping the occasional effect on & off.  Might be
a problem using the FCB's CC pedals on things like wah or whammy, but
we'll see.  I suppose if it does become irritating I could purchase a
dedicated MIDI splitter.

Thanks again everyone.  I'm now in a new looping bliss with a
Boomerang, Vortex, and now a properly responding EchoPro.  :)

Todd