Re: VG-88 and Roland GR-33 dissapearing rumors

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005, Luis Angulo wrote:

> i have been hearing speculations in other forums that
> these devices are not in the new roland catalogs and
> will therefore soon dissapear due to new upcoming
> guitar modeling technology like the line 6 variax
> etc.i couldnīt imagine this happening after all roland
> has gone through to keep this type of technology in
> the market,i am also curious how many of us in this
> list use them...

I have a Roland GR-30 and a Roland V-Bass (being the much less common bass
version of the VG-88 series). I don't use them often, but did set them up
last week for the first time in a while (Eagle 6-string fretless with GK
pickup into the V-Bass, Chapman stick with GK pickup into the GR-30).
Nice. Should play more with them.

http://www.subscapeannex.com/about_steve.html