From:  "Kris Hartung" <khartung@cableone.net>  [Trust]   [Block]
To:  Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Date:  30 Dec 2005, 01:57:35 PM
Subject:  Re: best busking cities

Boise, Idaho, from the Spring through Fall (April through October), has a
program sponsored by the Boise Arts Commission. They pay musicians to play
on the street on Saturday late morning, during our recurring Farmer's
Market. There is usually a musician on each street corner of a block (three
performers total, a week)...they usually pay them $100 for each
performance.
That's one nice thing Boise has done to support local musicians. I've seen
everything from violon and guitar duos to sitarists and hand
percussionists.
They don't guarantee power, but sometimes folks are able to find an outlet
nearby or get permission from one of the businesses to use their outlet.  I
believe they accept out of state applicants as well, but I'm not certain.

More info here:
http://www.cityofboise.org/arts_commission/Events/arts_at_market/?MID=021Y

Kris

Jazz.Funk.Soul.Detroit.