looperlative control

 >>>So - if I'm understanding the implications of this posting, the
Looperlative
requires a Midi interface / footpedal to operate its functions.  But,
does
that mean no functions are controllable without midi?<<<

have a look at www.looperlative.com - the picture there shows the
front panel, which has button control for rec/overdub, play/stop and
then four user programmable buttons to whatever functions you want to
have on them. I have mine set to 'stop now' (the play/stop button is
quantised to the end of the loop), 'erase', 'all stop' and, er,
something else I can't remember...

you can also access all the possible operations on any one track via
the buttons and dial (at the moment I'm doing all my feedback control
via the buttons and dial), and same with all the global functions
(overall volume, play all, stop all, etc.)

But in case it's what you were asking, there are no other ways to
connect controllers at the moment than via the MIDI port - though I
guess it could be possible for Bob to write some kind of ethernet
thingie into the controller features at some point so you could rig
something up via your PC.

cheers

Steve
www.stevelawson.net - site