Re: looperlative control

On 12/31/05, David Kirkdorffer <vze2ncsr@verizon.net> wrote:
> Cool.  We disagree.  You like mucking about in midi.  I don't.

That has nothing to do with it!

Point is that this is a one-man shop -- he only has a limited amount
of time and resources.  If he makes the world's most amazing looper,
people will buy it whether or not there's a footpedal -- conversely,
if it isn't very good, people won't buy it even if it comes with a
footpedal.

And there's the risk factor.  Designing a pedal that will last after
someone steps on it a few tens of thousand times is difficult.  Having
two separate parts, the box and the pedal, doubles the chances that
there will be a hardware problem that will necessitate a return.
Returns are incredibly costly, particularly when you are a small
operation.

I agree 100% with your other point, that the unit needs to have a good
demo mode if it's to fly off the shelves.