RE: digitech pmc-10

 On this thread, I wanted to mention that I just sent an e-mail to Lehle,
the German company that makes amazing amp and effects loop switchers and i
asked them if they would consider developing a midi foot controller, as
they
have a reputation for impeccable workmanship and very mechanically quiet
switching. Perhaps if others on the list were to follow suit, maybe
collectively, we could rouse some companies interest in this niche product
that needs to be built. The other reason I chose this particular company is
they are already in the niche market, and might have more appreciation for
this particular need. They will be at NAMM this year. I suggest those of
you
going stop by their booth and beg and plead for some one, anyone to step
forward and build what obviously is a growing need among both hardware and
software loopers. Right now the choices are the much maligned behringer
(which works for me but I want something better), the very pricey DMC
ground
control , maybe some Rolls and Nobels stuff of limited functionality, and
good sophisticated stuff like the PMC-10 and original  DMC ground control
which are becoming more scarce. I think problems range from  manufacturers
reluctance to keep midi protocol alive  (in the wake of the softsynth, and
DAW revolution) and  the desire to build products with proprietary
footswitches (to maximize profits), instead of midi controllers that can
work with a varity of different brands. its frustrating to say the least.
Bill