RE: Excerpts of David Torn interview in the book "The Art of Digital Music"

Weeell... It is interesting for sure: Interviews with competent producers,
musicians, programmers. The interviews are 2 pages each, so there's not
much
room for in-depth discussions. It's a fun read. A book that's well suited
for a public library, but if you buy it, it'll gather dust after you've
read
it once. I see some value also in the mere selection of people interviewed.

BTW: David Torn praises the EDP in his interview and cites Kim coining the
term "granular sampling". The editors pasted the loopers-delight - url in.

Another excerpt for our historians: "the distinction for the first
commercial record to use a drum loop probably goes to producer Albhy
Galuten. The Bee Gees' song "Stayin' Alive" used a loop of drums extracted
from their song "Night Fever". It refers to an article in "Mix" of October
2000. Apparently Galuten used the loop again for Bee Gees' "More Than a
Woman" and Barbra Sreisand's "I'm a Woman in Love"
This is the article: http://tinyurl.com/buugc
http://www.beegees-world.com/archives19.html

Bernhard
http://nosuch.biz