Re: Using a laptop onstage: Dominic Frasca's take

This brings up a good point about hardware obsolescence.  That $3000
laptop will (barring hardware failure) perform exactly the same 20
years from now as long as you don't keep upgrading the software.  It's
the increasing bloat and new features of newer software that puts a
hurting on hardware.  Somehow the software industry has convinced us
all that we must perpetually have the latest, greatest versions.

Just a thought.  I'm a sucker like everyone else for needing the newest
toys. :)
Todd