Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:39 PM
Subject: Guidance In Buying First Loop Machine

Hello there!  This is my first posting, though I've long been a frequent visitor to Looper's Delight.  I'm interested in purchasing a looper, as I'm a guitarist looking to build soundscapes via volume swells, stereo panning, etc.  I'm looking to spend around $600.  I'd like a device that allows for the following:

1-STEREO loops.  This is crucial.  I'm not remotely interested in a machine that plays back loops in mono
2-Reverse capability.  Though not essential, I'd like a device that allows for loops to be played in reverse.
3-Loop time.  This is more of a query than anything else.  I see some machines that seem to have good qualities, yet only 15-30 seconds of time per loop.  On the surface, this seems a bit short.  Is there anything on the market that allows for more time without much degradation in the original signal?
4-Ability to save loops.

A friend has the DigiTech JamMan, which has many of the features I'm interested in, with one major drawback: no stereo loops!  With these thoughts in mind (which are admittedly a bit cluttered), what devices would you recommend?  Many many thanks in advance, fellow loopers!!

Bill