Re: First Drum Loop in the book "The Art of Digital Music"

travis wrote:
"Really?  I thought he just looped that first few minutes in one big
2-track splice, so you hear the first few minutes twice before the
side develops for another fifteen-odd minutes of all-live playing."

Not according to the liner notes of the new digital remix of the record
(which sounds fantastic, by the way).

........   also,   that rolling 16th note hi hat pattern comes and goes
several different times
 in the first song.............quite obviously a loop.   I can also
distinctly hear different tabla parts coming in an out later on .

r.