practice versus reading instruction manuals Re: foot controllers

" That level of hassle has actually stopped me from buying a number of
pieces of technology."

Hear, hear! While I have grown to enjoy sonic tinkering with my digital
toys, I have to remind myself that every hour I spend futzing around with
menus and submenus is an hour taken away from my already-pathetic practice
regimen, an hour I could spend working on a new song or working on my
execrable alternate picking ;-) ;-) ;-)

Yours in Port Wine Cheese Logs,
Tim