From: "Tom Ritchford" <tom@swirly.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2006 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: 639 Year Long Concert - Cage Composition - "ASLSP"

On 1/8/06, Kris Hartung <khartung@cableone.net> wrote:

> Are you saying that I don't get it? I play experimental music too and
>have
> very open mind (heck, check out my Project MRI in the CT Collective). One
> can get yet, yet still call bullshit on the significance or novelty of a
> work. That's my subjective right as an artist and free thinker.

You can have an open mind and still not get it!

Point is -- I'll bet it sounds good.  I like sustained organ tones.
And I'll bet it makes you think.

Contemplate how hard it would be to actually arrange for a piece to be
played for 600 years -- the level of organization, of trust in the
next geneation -- what it would sound like -- how relaxing it would be
to be in the audience and know that the next note is not due for days
or weeks -- to know that you are not required to come in at the start
nor stay till the end.

This is a piece that makes every other piece ever seem rushed.  Hard to
beat.

    /t