Re: latency questions

On Jan 12, 2006, at 5:40 PM, mech wrote:

As you've accurately deduced, I am *not* mixing my direct signal with the processed signal (other than as an experiment to test latency). Everything goes into the computer, floats around getting wacky, then eventually gets output to the PA.  If I ran it in parallel to a direct signal it would limit me a lot more as it would audibly call attention to what latency there is.

cool. i understand... i still wonder if the latency is really that low. i'll try with my motu 828 and do a test. but i think that if your latency was really in the 4-5ms range...well that's almost undetectable.

even a hardware box like the adrenalinn has noticeable latency to me. but maybe i'm some kind of freak.

thanks for the details.