Re: SOME THOUGHTS ON THE STATE OF THE LOOP

On 23 jan 2006, at 00.43, ArsOcarina@aol.com wrote:

> Hi there, 8< 8< 8< 8< 8<.......

I agree with the opinions on looping posted by Ted. As I have
repeatedly said in threads touching the looping community etc I
regard looping as both and instrument and a performance technique,
but not being a musical style. I really never thought anyone was
serious with this "being a looper" talk and still regard it as a
funny community jargon on this list. It's cool and in fact many of us
share similar musical tastes and artistic expression in what we do.
What really matters though, is what story the music tells the listener.

My own life looping has been an instrument that has been with me
since around 1983 to extend my traditional instruments, tenor sax and
stratocaster electric guitar. One year ago I began to learn a new
instrument, the traverse alto flute.  I choose that traditional
instrument because I had a vision of it being a suitable extension of
my instrument Looping.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.looproom.com (international)