RE: SOME THOUGHTS ON THE STATE OF THE LOOP

I think these things are happening on some level, but
the problem I see is that we end up preaching to the
choir.  Other than a few friends and love partners I
don't think I've ever seen a non audience member at
one of the loopfests.  Kind of cool in an underground
way and surely nice to meet the people behind the
emails... but from a marketing point of few it's like
selling bread to bakers... Sure they like it, but
there are not enough of them to make your looping
commercially viable.  I think it's far better (from a
marketing standpoint) to look into the performance
art/prog dance community (put a beat behind that
noodeling!) where ideas like live looping and abstract
music are welcome.  This said, I enjoy making music at
home with a few friends and posting tracks on the web
more than dragging gear out to a gig.

Mark