Re: Looperlative Too Expensive?

On Jan 26, 2006, at 11:34 PM, Kevin wrote:
> If I was Bob, at this price point I would be worried about a pirate
> like Behringer moving in.

i'm not sure if you've noticed but Boringer already have a looper in
the Bass V-Amp. it sucks.

one of the actual creative minds at behringer rolled it into their
bass-oriented POD clone because there's no way they could explore it
fully in its own product.

remember: behringer makes lowest-common-denominator gear. they have two
completely unique units: the Ultralink (a good looping tool in its own
right) and the digital EQ/compressor/etc ... i am unable to remember
its name but it's somthing like THE BITCHENISER despite the fact i know
that's a joke plug in from a completely unrelated company.

bob has more to fear from a lawsuit by Gibson for making a device which
can loop sound. considering the prior art involved in a concept like
looping i'm sure that if the need arose he could probably defend
himself at least as well as Jim Traficant in his 1983 RICO case and
win.

personally i don't think he's in any danger of more than people just
not buying his shit.

anyone checked out half-speed on the eventide yet?
---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com