Re: Looperlative - Max Time?

At 7:52 PM -0800 1/29/06, Kevin wrote:

>Now don't get me wrong, I love my EDP.  But the EDP's Undo
>limitation and the lack of Undo in Looperlative are a serious
>consideration for me.  Storage is cheap, give me more storage.

Well, just to clarify, but from my understanding it's a bit
disingenuous to say that the Looperlative has no Undo whatsoever.

Kim's previous statement is indeed correct that there is no
*explicit* Undo.  FWIW, a couple of us have politely requested Bob to
consider a single-layer "oh shit, i've just completely fucked this
pass" sort of Undo capability, and he's (equally politely) agreed to
look into what it would take to implement.

However, it sounds more like we're talking more about creative
manipulation -- using different levels of Undo/Redo to pull layers in
and out of a composition.  The good news here is that on the
Looperlative, you don't have to resort to that sort of "undo
manipulation" to obtain the same end-result: there are the eight
stereo Tracks.  If one thinks of each of those eight Tracks as a
discrete Undo Buffers, then you've effectively got eight levels of
Undo on the Looperlative.  What's more, you don't have to, for
example, undo Buffers (a.k.a. Tracks) four through eight just because
you want to pull out Buffer (Track) number three.  Each Buffer
(Track) can be recorded, muted, or wiped entirely independent of the
others.

Of course, that doesn't impact on the discussion of how much
available looping time there is.  But the "Looperlative has no Undo"
meme is not exactly accurate, except in the most explicit of
definitions.  As always, it depends on what you're trying to
accomplish, and how you use the machine.

        --m.

--
_______
"You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike..."