Re: Patent law

In general you are correct Mark.

There are exceptions.  If no one had thought of clicking on an icon to
bring up
a window, then yes, that could be patentable given the proper
circumstances. In fact, one could patent what the window looked like if
it had a specific
design (but if another window comes ut with a minor tweak you're SOL)

Also, you COULD, theoretically use someone else's code to do something
provided
it wasn't patented, but it depends on how you use it.

It also depends what "Car Break" means.  Ultimately it does need to be
tied into
the means of implementing it as well, in some way shape or form.

~peace~

Michael