Re: Looperlative core

Yes, interesting project!

I ask these questions in order to understand:

1. How much memory will be needed for the OS and SooperLooper?  Any
off-the-shelf daughter boards that could be used easily?

2. USB port for I/O or for memory (thumb drive)?  Maybe two ports?

3.  I think definitely split the UI from the engine and then use MIDI
from the peripheral for the UI?   Users understand MIDI so then you
can put off having to write too much UI code and then having to port
the UI code to different hardware, not mention not having to design
the peripheral.  Let users decide how they want to interface with the
OpenLooper (with the appropriate documentation).  This way drummers
can easily use it, keyboard players or folks with their own custom
MIDI devices.

4. If do #3 then trigger-to-MIDI converters are widespread; are MIDI
to USB converters cheap?

The business model for OpenLooper would depend on which license is
used for the hardware, software and OS.   LPL, BSD?  In the worst
case someone could still make a living putting together packages of
hardware and software together with maintenance. Some folks will want
to build, but most will want to buy

The really nice thing about an OpenLooper project is that it gives
loopers a chance to prototype new interfaces for looping and new
kinds of looping.

This is really exciting!

Cheers,
Kevin