Re: Looperlative core

>From: "AKA" <nospam@akroeger.com>
>Yes, interesting project!

Please keep me informed of how it works out for you.  Are you going
to post your project on the web?

Replies below.

>1. How much memory will be needed for the OS and SooperLooper?  Any
>off-the-shelf daughter boards that could be used easily?
>*********************
>*** say $300-$500 plus your labor less if you actually soldered some of
>the
>components yourself(soldering SMT/SMD takes some skill though) . Main
>board,
>Audio board daughter board, CF/IDE daugter board, power supply...
>*** shop smart and
>*** Haven't got all the details yet but, working on assembling all the
>needed information.

So assuming shop fees of, say, $80/hour, once things were underway
and you were making one a day, the price would be around $1000, wouldn't
it?

Is that taking into account how much memory ucLinux, JACK and
theSooperLooper are going to take plus the memory for the loops?   I
think that you may need another memory board just to store the loops.

>*** I think a number of these main boards come with ethernet ports so, why
>bother with USB. USB is still an option if desired....
>  *** I was thinking of implementing the UI in hardware there are a few
>embedded UI's out there already.

I was thinking about the input controllers. How would you hook a
hardware controller as an input to the ethernet port?  Isn't an
ethernet-out input device going to be kind of pricey?

Cheers,
Kevin
www.TheNettles.com