Re: Roland VG8

----- Original Message -----
From: "Luis Angulo" <labalou2000@yahoo.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:41 AM
Subject: Re: Roland VG8

> Hey Mark one question:
> what kind of amplification do you use if u are dealing
> with synths and guitar? do you run both straight into
> a P.A.?

When I used to use the Roland GR-50 guitar synth live, I had a setup like
this:

+----------+                                              +------+
|  Guitar  |-->straight guitar-->GP-16 FX-->H&K Red Box-->|Volume|--> PA
|with GK-2 |                                              |Pedal |
|          |-->hex pickup-->GR-50 synth-->SE-50 FX------->|      |

This is the setup you hear in the mp3 of "Fifth Avenue" on this page:

http://www.marksmart.net/bands/iconoclast/fixtures/fixtures.html

Lately I've been using an H&K Tubeman with my blues band, without a guitar
synth, but still running strtaight into the PA. Great clean and great
distortion. And it has the "Red Box" cabinet simulator built in.

Mark Smart
http://www.marksmart.net/