Re: Hardware Drum Looper Recommedations

I have been a bit shocked at the dirth of replies, but I have a solution
that could be a wonderful one for you and not all that expensive for how
powerful it would be.

1)   Buy yourself a new ($150)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Drums/Percussion/Electronic/Drum/Machines?sku=705531

or used ($30 - $75  or a buy it now model in excellent condition for $100)
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=alesis+sr+16&category0=

ALESIS SR-16 DRUM MACHINE
This drum machine is a really good midi controller with touch sensitive
pads.

* note,  these have been out since 1989 unbelievably and there are a
million
of them out there, many of them are thrashed with overuse.
I'd recommend getting the Buy It Now model or the brand new Model  (with a
warranty)

It's sounds, unfortunately suck donkeys (pardon my Amaraic)

Soooooo,   couple it with the purchase of:

2)    a used   ($170 or  $245 buy it now price) (though none on Ebay
currently used)
 http://www.prepal.com/data/Alesis.htm
 ALESIS DR 4   oone rack space DRUM MODULE with hundreds of sounds

3)   or a used ($245 by it now)
http://instruments.search.ebay.com/ALESIS-DM-5_Musical-Instruments_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsacatZ619

or a brand new ($349  with a set of five external triggers thrown in for
free  -VERY NICE for progamming your drum machine externally)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Drums/Percussion/Electronic/Drum/Machines?sku=705523

 ALESIS DR 5 (18 bit drum module-----------the sounds are great in this
box........everything from real to processed to electronic drum machine
to electronic drums to synthesizer drums to percussion)

4)  Control both with an inexpensive ONE IN/TWO OUT MIDI THRU box  ($28.79
new)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Recording/Computer/Hardware?sku=702507X

If you want to get really hi tech about it,  you could purchase a TRIGGER
FINGER (midi finger styled controller for $199)
to control the DM 4 or DM 5  and you'd have control over volume, panning,
cutoff frequency, resonance, etc.  of the sounds).
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Keyboards/Midi/MIDI/Controllers?sku=703614

You  could also go with just the Trigger Finger instead of the SR 16 but
you'd lose the sequencing abilities.

That would be a great solution for everything you'd want to do and you
could
easily get in under $500 for the whole kit and kaboodle.

Good luck.

Rick Walker