Sequencer for Roland Handsonic 10 -- Hardware Drum Looper Recommedations

After receiving a lot of good suggestions, I wanted to explore and discuss Roland Handsonic 10 route. I like Handsonic’s interface – it is most physical and instrument-like of all compact drum triggers I have seen, so when used in a performance, it would give an impression of an actual instrument being played – not that there is anything wrong with drum machine style triggers, which were my initial consideration, but I really like the physical aspect of Handsonic. Under the light of the fact that Handsonic already has an excellent soundset and that it could be used as a MIDI trigger, the only thing needed in addition would be a good live sequencer with all of the characteristics earlier described, one that is easily controlled during performance and a one that would let me shift in and out of recording mode without interrupting playback. Does the fact that this would be only a sequencer and not have to have sampling/sound generating/triggering features simplifies my search? Are there any other devices (sequencers) suitable for this outside of those already recommended?

I would still need to figure out what MIDI interface I would use to interconnect these MIDI devices and have the sequencer send MIDI clock info to Boss RC-50 looper (the one I would use for my guitar/bass loops), while at the same time sending sequencing MIDI data to Handsonic.Would MIDI Solutions MIDI thru box (1 MIDI IN and two MIDI outs) that Rick had suggested work for this?

As I  said earlier, perhaps I am too conservative in trying to stay within MIDI with my drum looping, so I would be opened for suggestions on how to use an audio looper, but not being a drummer, I think that the quantize feature would be essential for me, as well as the ability to have my drum loops synced to my guitar/bass loops.

Again, thanks to all of you who are helping me in trying to figure out the best way to set this up.

Rale